Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blog 3

     In the article ‘’Hype’’ Kalle Lasn expressed that advertisements were the utmost common and unknown value to mental pollutants. Due to the fact that you are surrounded by ads from the time that you wake up to the time that you go to sleep. The expansion in commercial ads has occurred so rapidly that we haven’t even realized the ludicrous of it all. These ads are no longer restricted in predicted areas. After reading this article I can agree with the author, the development of ads has arisen swiftly without people realizing the craziness of it.
      The amount of ads surrounding me is outrageous. Ads are no longer circumscribing to particular areas. It is unnecessary to see ad’s while I’m in school. Especially inappropriate ones such as alcohol beverages. Ads are not only everywhere but are also put in areas they shouldn’t be allowed. There are no restrictions on ads. 
      Ads are now even included in my social life. Being unable to use my Facebook without ads popping up or on the side of my screen is quite unfair.  I should be able to use any social network to express my feelings, find new friends, reconnected with old friends and talking about what goes on in the world without looking at pop-ups of different ads. Even as I check my E-mails I see pop up ads and ads on the side of my screen. These ads are so out of control that it started to affect my enjoyment of social networking and internet usage. 
      These commercial ads also stop my enjoyment of listen to music because when I listen to the radio or Pandora I have to listen to all these commercial ads in between songs. The fact that I can’t even listen to my Pandora without the popup ads can be slight frustrating. Since Pandora is a music app on my phone there should be no commercial ads. There should be a restriction on ads in certain places such as this because it can start to affect your enjoyment to listening to music.  
       Ads are the most common and unknown mental pollution that surrounds us and has no restrictions on where they are placed. There should be places that they aren't allowed.All these reasons i have provided in my essay are evidence to support my argument and the authors argument about ads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home