Thursday, March 29, 2012

Blog 5




I use to think that my dad was hero .A man who went away to serve our country .I looked up to him and admired him. I thought he was brave, courageous and bold.

My mom had me living in a illusion as I was growing up. She made up lies thinking that it would protect me from the truth. One day I got into an argument with my older brother and he told me that my dad never went away to serve our country he just wasn’t ready to step up and be a father. I renounce what my brother said. I couldn’t except that for a second he could be telling the truth.

Until I sat down with my mother and she explained to me that everything she told me when I was growing up was a lie. I was living my own fairy tale world until she opened my eyes to reality. She explained to me that he was young and wasn’t ready for the responsibility. From that day on my beliefs of my dad had changed. I viewed him as a coward instead of courageous. He was no longer my hero.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home